View Full Version : No results after the crawl

04-11-2005, 07:07 AM
I have crawled three sites and the search results after the crawl keep saying no results.


Hosts : 3 Entries
Pages : 155 Entries
Index : 0 Entries
Keywords : 0 Entries
Temporary table : 0 Entries

04-11-2005, 10:34 AM
What version of PhpDig are you using?

04-11-2005, 12:41 PM

Clean install first time.

04-11-2005, 12:41 PM
should I downgrade?

04-12-2005, 08:20 AM
did you forget about me?

04-12-2005, 09:18 AM
What version of PhpDig are you using, as in what version number? Also, do you meet the requirements for the version you are currently using? The requirements can be found on this (http://www.phpdig.net/navigation.php?action=download) page.

BTW, please check my sig. Thanks. :D

04-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Way ahead of you I downgraded to the stable 1.8.7 with no problems crawling and resulting like a champ now. 1.8.8 rc1 is buggy. I would of liked to help on the debug but just don't have the time right now. I did the install twice (BTW some language needs cleaned up in the instructions not all servers allow 777 folder options.) Simple things like the location of the Config would of been nice not that it was hard to find I just know the problems when dealing with a "wide variety" of expertise.

I own my Servers so requirements is never an issue for me.

1.8.7 is running with php 5.04 and Mysql 4.1.10a on Linux enterprise.

Now that I have had a day to play I have other questions but I will post them in the proper areas.

04-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Can you try PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1 using PHP 4.3.11? There was another post about possible problems with PHP 5+ and PhpDig 1.8.8 RC1, probably something related to UTF-8 in PhpDig but not sure yet.

04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
If it doesn't work with 5.04 the problem is not the php. Most major server farms will be on php5.0.4 this month I was reading where it will be the standard php install on all new machines.

Downgrading php would mean that I would lose XML capabilities from php5.0 I would be happy to set you up a testing account for you play with. I put this system into production use already. It was that simple to setup. There are a few annoyances in the administration area. I had to go insane with character stripping to make it XML compliant and still have one character cracking the XML that I can't find but I am getting a full search feed 99% of the time output in XML.