PDA

View Full Version : XML feeds

sid
10-26-2003, 01:55 AM
I would love to see PHP dig offering XML feeds, so for example many developers can use your search engine database and query your MYSQL db and display the results in their template on their site, in a different host etc. But I think its impossible to do that because all the keywords are stored in the 'keywords' table but is there any other way to do that? I mean, is there anyway to let other sites search your PHP dig database and display it in their format?

David J Harmon
11-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Good ideal, it would be nice if you could pull that off...

lelandv
12-11-2003, 11:46 AM
I too would be interested in ways to do this. I currently have a need to take a PDF file as the input (which can already be done using pdftotext or pdftohtml, and even pdf2xml), and actually parse an XML data conversion of it so that a search on specific text will return the document title, article title, page number, and bibiliographic extract from the section.

The way the current keywords table is setup, there's no way to correlate the keywords to that level of granularity.

Leland

Rolandks
01-29-2004, 01:17 AM
The first Posting is here from 10-03 ? Is there a plan to offering XML feeds?
Some one has ask me if i can include my phpdig-search to other Content-Management-System (Imperia (http://www.imperia.de/en/htmls/index.html)) to includes my search on an other page.

-Roland-

Rolandks
02-11-2004, 03:28 AM
Hmm, :confused:
okay my plan:

- as Input we need the Searchstring (one or two words in Quotas " ") and all other parameter are from config.php

- Ouput: a temp-file named "field_ID.XML" with unique ID in folder \text_content which is auto delete at next session

XML-Formated Template:

<phpdig:results>

<phpdig: page_link/>
<phpdig:text/>
etc.

</phpdig:results>

OR if empty

<phpdig:result_message/>
<phpdig:ignore_message/>
<phpdig:ignore_commess/>

I think thats it and we have a feed like RSS: http://www.php.net/news.rss

-Roland-

jerrywin5
03-21-2004, 08:12 PM
I need to implement this feature as well. Has anyone been able to do this?