PDA

View Full Version : can't log in to the admin

Edomondo
01-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Hi there!

I have a similar problem. I recently changed my web hoster and can't log in to the admin.
When the access is authorized a blank page at libs/auth.php is opened.
When the access is OK, I am redirected to admin/index.php page asking me for a username & password.
The code posted by Charter above doesn't work.
Except that, Phpdig is working great here!

I'm using Phpdig 1.8.7 and PHP 4.3.9.
Cookies are enabled, but no cookies are created from my site, that is whitelisted.
admin folder is .htaccess protected.

Can anyone help me?

clueless
02-03-2005, 08:03 AM
For a lack of understanding of how to post a new thread or message ( I apologize my brain is just smoking right now) I have a similar problem and desperately need help pleeeease..

I think the "newbie alert" goes off right about now while I am typing!
I had just installed phpdig and have ran into a problem I changed my access password in the config file and now it won't let me sign on the page will refresh with the user and password fields empty what am I doing wrong?
Am I overlooking something or forgetting to change something in another directory...I don't know...clueless....need help....please.

clueless
02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
I am new to phpdig and really need help, I apologize if it sounds like something so simple but it is only simple if you know it.... :o

I have just installed phpdig and after a few minor troubles (that I was able to solve by reading the threads) it was working fine for me. As suggested in the documentation however, I changed my sign in information in the config file, now I can not sign in at all....the screen refreshes with username and password blank....what am I doing wrong could somebody please spare a second and explain it to me as if I am two years old?

Thanks so very much!

Wayne McBryde
02-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Open the config.php file that's on the server in the includes folder and look at the ID & P/W that is set. You may have made an error when you changed the ID & P/W.

clueless
02-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks for taking the time, I have tried everything, that does not seem to be the problem, the pw is right and so is the sign on name. Could it be something else...