PDA

View Full Version : HTTP 500 - Internal server error - INSTALLING

servergrids
10-24-2003, 11:16 PM
I just downloaded the latest version and am trying to install this in mySQL/PHP environment on Yahoo Hosting. I made all the correct DB changes:

1. After the database was created, copy the "[PHPDIG_DIR]/include/_connect.php" file to "[PHPDIG_DIR]/include/connect.php" and edit the new one.

2.Replace the values "<host>", "<user>", "<pass>", and "<database>" to your database server URL, the username, the password to connect to it (if required) and the name you give to the phpdig database.

I verified that I have 7 tables in my database (phpdig), so I am not sure why its throwing error 500 and not giving me any DB connection errors...Like its dying @ web server before it can reach DB...any ideas ?

Charter
10-25-2003, 05:41 AM
Hi. Did you use a prefix in the table names? If so, does it match the PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX in the connect.php file? What messages, if any, are showing up in the /logs/scripts.log file?

servergrids
10-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Thanks for reply:

a. // Connection configuration
define('PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX',''); - so i'm not using prefix...

b. here's what is recurring in the log file you mention:

----------repeated over and over in log, multiple attempts-------
%% [Sat Oct 25 07:59:38 2003] GET /PHPdig/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1
%% 500 <PHPDIG_PATH>/PHPdig/admin/index.php
%request
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,video/x-mng,image/png,image/jpeg,image/gif;q=0.2,*/*;q=0.1
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Connection: keep-alive
Host: <my-host>.com
Keep-Alive: 300
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
%response
HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized
%stdout
Pragma: no-cache
Content-type:text/html; Charset=iso-8859-1
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm='Administration PhpDig'

Vous ne pouvez accéder Ã* cette page
-------------end of log------------

Does this thing use basic authentication? I think Yahoo hosting will not support that....or at least i havent figure out how to do it...

Thanks for reply !!! I will keep digging...if nothing else, i'll look into getting another search engine...coz yahoo search for hosting is terrible....

-j

Charter
10-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Hi. Did you define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','1'); in the config file? Are you able to protect a directory using .htaccess instead?

If you can do .htaccess, then try define('PHPDIG_ADM_AUTH','0'); and try .htaccess to protect the PhpDig admin area instead.

servergrids
10-26-2003, 10:17 AM
i do not have .htaccess in Yahoo hosting - might need some name of the best PHP/mysql hosting services which are reasonible and allow for more control though.

i am just starting to prototype my internet company and am in just trying to get identified the best tools to use or "re"use in my case.

i was able to work around Error 500 by setting access to 0 from 1, doing admin work, then changing it back to error 500...this in affect makes it secure i guess...

anyway, thank for all your help....if you know some "best of breed" hosing services for PHP/mySQL which gives you more control over your environment, let me know please.

Charter
10-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Hi. This is not anything against your host - they could be the best in the world for all I know - but you might try checking out Servlets.com (http://www.servlets.com/isps/servlet/ISPViewAll) for written reviews about some other hosting companies.