PDA

View Full Version : error when updating

webblynx
12-13-2004, 06:56 AM
I just upgraded to 1.85, which went fine. Now i am trying to update the links in my database and I am getting this error on every link:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 246

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 356

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 371

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/spider.php on line 356
No link in temporary table

Also, if I go to Update sites from the Admin page, I get this:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/search/admin/limit_upd.php on line 227

Was I supposed to delete the existing database entries before upgrading?

Charter
12-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Update the database tables 1.8.3 -> 1.8.4 -> 1.8.5.

webblynx
12-13-2004, 07:22 AM
works like a charm Charter! thanks.

forsakenZen
12-13-2004, 01:35 PM
I get the same errors after upgrade, the only thing I can see from your above statement is that in the 1.8.5 zip there is no update 1.8.3 sql file or did I get a bad dl?

vinyl-junkie
12-13-2004, 06:21 PM
I get the same errors after upgrade, the only thing I can see from your above statement is that in the 1.8.5 zip there is no update 1.8.3 sql file or did I get a bad dl?
I don't recall just which versions of phpdig required database changes, but you would only need an update 1.8.3 sql file if you were upgrading from a lower version than 1.8.3.

If you're having problems upgrading, you may want to consider starting over from scratch rather than trying to upgrade your existing database. That might be easier in the long run.

forsakenZen
12-14-2004, 12:20 PM
If you're having problems upgrading, you may want to consider starting over from scratch rather than trying to upgrade your existing database. That might be easier in the long run.

I was upgrading from 1.8.0 -> 1.8.5 but there isn't a 1.8.3 upgrade script in the 1.8.5 zip file, I can't start from scratch as I have over 7000 sites in my DB already.

Charter
12-14-2004, 12:37 PM
If there is no update SQL file for a particular version, then there were no DB changes for that version.

forsakenZen
12-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Ok,

I got most of the errors to disappear but now I get this in the back-end

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/standard/public_html/admin/index.php on line 48

Charter
12-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Do "SHOW COLUMNS FROM table_name" and compare with the init_db.sql file. Make sure the prefix is set correctly in the connect.php file. Otherwise, in admin/index.php add:

if (!$result) {
echo "The error: ".mysql_error()."<br />\n";
}

After the following line:

$result = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT count(*) as num FROM ".PHPDIG_DB_PREFIX."$table"),MYSQL_ASSOC);

And see what it prints onscreen.

forsakenZen
12-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Sweet that did it, It was a broken table

mysql

repair table engine;

did the trick

Thanks for the help