PDA

View Full Version : upgrade from 1.8.3 -> 1.8.5 problems

mirdin
12-12-2004, 04:38 AM
I upgraded from 1.8.3 to 1.8.5, I configured config.php and connect.php, made the db changes for 1.8.4 and 1.8.5 and have overwritten all files.

When doing a search I get this error : sites_days_upd missing. (which was dropped in 1.8.4)
I added the table again to get things to work, but I haven't been able to figure out where the update went wrong.

Perhaps a file hasn't been overwritten?
Which file(s) in 1.8.3 contain a sites_days_upd query?

vinyl-junkie
12-12-2004, 08:14 AM
PhpDig checks the presence of tables in config.php. It's the very last statement in that file. I don't see that sites_days_upd is being referenced in 1.8.5 in the config file, so I'm not sure why you're getting that error.

If you run both update_db_to_1_8_4.sql and update_db_to_1_8_5.sql to update your database, you shouldn't have a problem like this.

BTW, I'm in the process of upgrading right now to 1.8.5, so this is the blind leading the blind! :D

mirdin
12-12-2004, 09:08 AM
PhpDig checks the presence of tables in config.php. It's the very last statement in that file. I don't see that sites_days_upd is being referenced in 1.8.5 in the config file, so I'm not sure why you're getting that error.

If you run both update_db_to_1_8_4.sql and update_db_to_1_8_5.sql to update your database, you shouldn't have a problem like this.

Thanks for the help, I fixed it.
The files in /includes were not overwritten for some reason, so I still had the old config.php in there.

vinyl-junkie
12-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the help, I fixed it.
The files in /includes were not overwritten for some reason, so I still had the old config.php in there.
You bring up an interesting point here, because I've had the same thing happen to me at times.

A good rule of thumb if you're upgrading like this is to just delete all the contents of the folders prior to uploading a new version. That way, you know you have all the right stuff in place.

Another tip: Don't delete the folders themselves because if you do, you'll have to go reset the folder permissions all over again when you re-create them. That can trip you up if you're not careful.