PDA

View Full Version : phpDig FAQ

vinyl-junkie
11-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Charter, I hope you have no objections to my having done this, but I've created an FAQ for phpDig which I put on my website, here (http://www.techtipscentral.net/phpdig_faq.asp). I hope you'll consider incorporating this into the phpDig website, in which case I will remove it from my own site. Regardless, if you would rather I didn't have it on my site at all, please let me know and I'll remove it.

The frequently asked questions that I have right now are as follows:

How do I customize the look and feel of my search page?
How do I add a search box to every page on my website?
Why does my site appear as *locked*?
How can I index just one page?
Is it possible to setup phpDig so that it searches on sub-directories?
I'm trying to spider [insert site name] and not getting any results. Why?

If anyone can think of other questions they'd like to see added to this list, I'll happily do that.

Charter
11-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Nope, no objection, but it might be easier to have question, link to thread, question, link to thread, etcetera, or just search the forums. :confused:

vinyl-junkie
11-25-2004, 09:57 AM
Well, I thought about doing it that way. The problem is, for some questions there is no single post that completely answers the question. You have to trawl through several posts on some of them to get to the one that ultimately solves the problem. But yes, some of the questions could just as easily link directly to a thread. I wouldn't mind taking another look at it and change it accordingly.

Actually, my personal preference would be to have this or something similar on the phpdig website if that's possible. <hint hint> I structured the code in such a way that you could easily copy/paste it into your own page and just change the CSS so that it matches the look and feel of the phpdig website.

Regardless of where it's located though, it's still one more resource for people to get help, assuming they search in the first place. ;)