PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Windows....Linux problems?

NewDigger
11-19-2004, 06:22 AM
I have installed PHPDIG locally on a windows machine, works great. Carried out my modifications to UI (application) and template.

Installed it on a production server (LINUX) and I run into all sorts of problems.

Basically indexing the production website from my local machine works perfectly. Indexing the prodcution website from the prodcution server itself does not return anything!

I get the following...

Spidering in progress...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SITE : http://www.test.com/
Exclude paths :
- @NONE@
No link in temporary table

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

links found : 0
...Was recently indexed
Optimizing tables...
Indexing complete !
[Back] to admin interface.

Indexing from a the local machine returns the links I expect!
I have correct permission on the server as outlined in the installation!

Anyone any ideas!
I have tried varying the depth etc but no luck!

vinyl-junkie
11-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Did you modify any of the scripts? If so, how?

NewDigger
11-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Yes, I modified some scripts. I'm basically ensureing the user can only index their own site with number of the utility options included within the INDEXING funciton. But as far as I know the modifications are not the cause of the problem.

I have installed complete version of PPDIG next to my modified version and it gives the same problems (nothing returned).

I just realised that my production server allows only users from an internal IP address to access it. Could this be the problem?

Indexing from my local machine inside the allowed IP address works.
Shouldn't indexing from prodcution server itself be possible?

Could this be a rights issue on the 'USER' carrying out the index?

Thx.

vinyl-junkie
11-20-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm sure you are right. This is a server issue. Nothing the forums can do to help you with that. Sorry.