PDA

View Full Version : Airline Sued for Asking Man to Buy Two Seats

Charter
09-26-2004, 11:58 PM
A California man says he was humiliated when Southwest employees asked him to buy a second seat on a flight because he looked too large for just one.

He calls himself a man of "ample proportion" saying he's 6-feet tall and weighed 250 pounds when he refused to buy a second seat on a plane.

He was also asked to buy a second seat on his return flight and chose to fly on United Airlines instead where he said he had no problem fitting in the seat.

Cite: The article is here (http://www.nbc5i.com/travelgetaways/3757472/detail.html).

Is a 6-foot tall man weighing 250 pounds really so big that two seats are needed?

vinyl-junkie
09-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Is a 6-foot tall man weighing 250 pounds really so big that two seats are needed?
Maybe, and maybe not, but have you ever flown on an airline where you were squished by someone who really was that big? I have and believe me, it makes for a very long flight.

I'm sorry, but discrimination issues aside, they should be made to buy a second seat if that's what it takes to cram their fat a** into a row of seats. :angry: