PDA

View Full Version : Search URL on new server

digitalje5u5
08-25-2004, 05:18 AM
We have used phpDig to index all 30+ of our websites. Worked great. However, we are in the process of switching web hosts.

Once the new DNS info (pointing to the new server) has progagated, we have tried to recrawl the site. However, phpDig is still crawling the OLD site.

Does phpDig cache the DNS? We've tried deleting the site from the list, and recrawling but it always defaults back to the original site on the old server.

Thanks,

/DJ

Charter
08-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi. Make sure that everything has fully propagated and then try again.

digitalje5u5
08-25-2004, 11:16 AM
DNS info was changed over 2 weeks ago. I simply cannot imagine the DNS is that old somewhere.....

Thanks,
/DJ

Charter
08-25-2004, 01:35 PM
With a fresh install, PhpDig should not remember anything. Maybe there is some other redirection going on?

digitalje5u5
08-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Didnt do a fresh install. We simply deleleted the site from the list and then recrawled the URL. Still crawls the old domain, though.

Charter
08-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Going through a proxy server that is still feeding a cached copy of the old domain content?

Dave A
08-30-2004, 12:44 PM
If you have moved your hosting and try to re index your site, it sounds like the cache still has a record of your old web site.
Delete your cache file (History) and it should re index fine.
I changed service provider for a domain and when I tried to index the new site all I got was the old one, I cleaned my cache and explorer history files and it worked fine after that.
I hope this helps.