PDA

View Full Version : Relative path

Dave A
08-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Hi Guys,
just changed my hosting provider to run PHPDIG but what I get now is that the relative path appears to be wrong.
The graphics don't display "The mole" is just a blank square.
My site host stores the files in linknz/htdocs
So how do I set the path inside the index.php to read correctly, as you guys can tell I'm not a genius with this.
It must be that I have to set up the relative path correctly so that the program can find everything..

Don't panic sleep is only a search engine set up away!

Charter
08-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Hi. If you installed PhpDig 'out of the box' and didn't change any directory structure, then there shouldn't be a need to edit for paths. Right click on the blank square, see what image it's looking for, and then check that the image is in that directory.

Dave A
08-18-2004, 02:24 AM
I must thank Vinyl Junkie for his great help in assisting me with my set up.
The relative path problem was caused because I had forgotten to run the CHMOD command and allow writing to the directories.
Ten minutes via FTP to the host and everything is working as it should be.
I now understand that reading the documentation is important but it's a little like stopping to ask for directions.. GRIN!

Brilliant software, the person who coded it deserves a medal.

Many thanks
Dave Andrews

vinyl-junkie
08-18-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Dave A
I must thank Vinyl Junkie for his great help in assisting me with my set up.I'm not a guy, but thank you very much! ;)
I now understand that reading the documentation is important but it's a little like stopping to ask for directions.. GRIN!It's a guy thing. :P :D

Dave A
08-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh my word, what did I do?
Did I really say that?
I had better check my posts.
Yep I said it!
Heck Pat a thousand apologies.

I had better review the way that I assume things about people, I guess it has made me realise that computers isn't just "A Guy's thing!"
I can only assume it must be my age.. Grin

Heck I am almost lost for words.

I had better get back to spidering web sites and keep silent..

All the best
Dave A (with a slapped wrist)..

vinyl-junkie
08-18-2004, 07:02 PM
No harm done. :)

Charter
08-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Woo hoo, no fems can program. :angry:

relax, just kidding :D see current avatar

vinyl-junkie
08-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I thought I might have committed a faux pas, assuming you were a man. :D In all fairness though, I've noticed that there seem to be far more male than female PHP programmers. I'm not sure why that is. :confused:

Dave A
08-18-2004, 08:23 PM
The trouble is that it's a world designed by men for men (or so we are lead to believe). Women despite having the intelligence hardly ever seem to get into the boardrooms of companies.
I find it interesting that if a man and a woman do exactly the same job, most times the guys get paid more.
Trouble is I probably consider success is having a good job and heaps of money but in reality, success is how one feels inside and not what you appear to have.
People who appear to be successful in many cases arn't.

Feeling good inside is what it's all about and not how the world thinks of you.

But unless we bore the heck out of the poor people who will sit and read this, we may as well just smile.

Heaps of luck

Dave Andrews

Charter
08-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, but feeling good inside and having a lot of money...

Mmm Mmm. :D