PDA

View Full Version : SSL Support?

bdiddykane96
08-12-2004, 09:34 AM
I have a site protected by Apache SSL and basic authentication. Does phpdig support this and if so, how?

I think I read in older posts that older versions of phpdig did not support SSL encryption, but that future versions would. I've downloaded the latest, but I can't seem to get it to index my site.

Any ideas?

vinyl-junkie
08-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the forum, bdiddykane96. :D

Have you checked out this thread (http://www.phpdig.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=642&highlight=ssl)?

Sorry, but I don't know anything about whether a future release of phpdig will support SSL encryption.

bdiddykane96
08-13-2004, 07:23 AM
Hi vinyl-junkie. Thanks for the link. Yes, I have seen that thread before, but that's the only one I've seen that references ssl.

It also seems a lot of these free search engines don't support ssl either. The latest beta release of htdig supposedly has it built in, but there's no documentation.

vinyl-junkie
08-13-2004, 05:05 PM
I wish I could help you more, but I've had no dealings with SSL. Also, I have no idea just what kind of support (if any) is currently being offered for it.

If that link didn't help, then let's hope that the Head Mole (Charter), who is doing all the software maintenance, comes along and answers your question.