PDA

View Full Version : PHPDIG_SESSID_REMOVE seems not to work

chenterod
08-11-2004, 09:28 PM
I’m using phpdig183 and have been trying to get phpdig not to index links with certain variables. I need to index http://localhost/kcenter/kb/index.php. When I do, many variables are found such as:

…/kb/index.php?page=index_v1&id=23
…/kb/index.php?page=index_v2&id=100&c=22
…/kb/index.php?page=index_v3&id=34
…/kb/index.php?page=index_va&c=32

I have plugged the variables (v1,v3,va) in SESSID_VAR in ../includes/config.php to keep it from being indexed but links are indexed anyway I try…and I have tried many different ways.

Is there a way, that you know, that I may be able to index links with index_v2 variables only? If not, is there a way to remove links with the other variables?

Thank you in advance.

vinyl-junkie
08-12-2004, 03:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, chenterod. :D

Perhaps this thread (http://www.phpdig.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405&highlight=session+id%2A) will be of some help.

chenterod
08-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Thank you for your quick response.
I see reference to phpdig1.6.x for the reference given. Looks like the phpdig version I'm using (1.8.3) has a newer code. Please advise?

Thank you,
chenterod

vinyl-junkie
08-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Unfortunately, I can't say for sure if this section of code is substantially different between then and now. What you might do is just try it. If it doesn't work, just put the code back to the way it was. And hope that the Head Mole (Charter) comes along with some assistance.

Be sure and let us know if it doesn't work, so I'll cross that one off recommended solutions for the current version of phpdig.

Hope this helps. :)

Charter
08-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi. The PHPDIG_SESSID_REMOVE constant remove ids/vars from links, but it doesn't prevent those links from being checked for index.

chenterod
08-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions...
I changed the code as was suggested but did not work anyway.
It may be because I was expecting for the robot not to check the link for index.

I will keep on searching for a fix and will let you know when I find one.

Thx.