PDA

View Full Version : search form sites

guskoul
08-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Hello to everyone.
I am a new user .
I just install 1.8.3 version and i have some questions.
1)First how can i have only the url of my site (www.taxheaven.gr) at the search form , and not all the folders.
At this time all my site folders appears at the search form .
2) When indexing my site sometimes it stops . I know that this could be because of deadlinks, but the question is how can i start indexing again from the point spider stops.
Don't tell me that i have to do that from the beggining.!!
3)Is there a file or a database table that shows after index ,the structure of the indexing links?
4.)Is there a possible way to not index meta keywords only?
For example i want to index only description and content of all my pages. Can i do that?

Thanks in advance
p.s. Sorry for my bad english

vinyl-junkie
08-03-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by guskoul
Hello to everyone.
I am a new user .
Welcome to the forum! :D

I just install 1.8.3 version and i have some questions.
1)First how can i have only the url of my site (www.taxheaven.gr) at the search form , and not all the folders.
At this time all my site folders appears at the search form .
From the admin panel, highlight your site on the right-hand side, then click Update Form. Click the red X on any directory you want to exclude. Note: This will delete indexed entries!

2) When indexing my site sometimes it stops . I know that this could be because of deadlinks, but the question is how can i start indexing again from the point spider stops.
Don't tell me that i have to do that from the beggining.!!
No, you don't have to start over. You do have to unlock the site first. See this thread (http://www.phpdig.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=334&highlight=locked) if you don't know how to do that. From the admin panel, highlight your site, click on update form, then click on the green check mark to resume spidering.

3)Is there a file or a database table that shows after index ,the structure of the indexing links?
I'm not sure what you're looking for. Is it a list of all the pages that were indexed?

4.)Is there a possible way to not index meta keywords only?
For example i want to index only description and content of all my pages. Can i do that?
I don't believe those can be excluded from the index. However, you can set the search page so it doesn't display the meta description as follows:
define('DISPLAY_SUMMARY',false);

Thanks in advance
p.s. Sorry for my bad english
Your English is fine! :)

guskoul
08-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks for all the answers.

Originally posted by vinyl-junkie
Welcome to the forum! :D

From the admin panel, highlight your site on the right-hand side, then click Update Form. Click the red X on any directory you want to exclude. Note: This will delete indexed entries!

But what if i want to keep All the indexed entries and change only the search form.

Don't tell me that if choose from the drop down list www.taxheaven.gr , the search engine will only look at the entries of this url and not at all the site (included subfolders)

vinyl-junkie
08-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Well, the drop-down list is how you can restrict the search to certain directories or sites.

Are you asking how to customize the search form itself?

Charter
08-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi, set the following in the config file:

define('DISPLAY_DROPDOWN',false);

guskoul
08-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by vinyl-junkie
Well, the drop-down list is how you can restrict the search to certain directories or sites.

Are you asking how to customize the search form itself?

Yes Yes..
I want only the starting url to apears in the search form (www.mysite.gr)

Charter
08-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Perhaps try the following in the config file...

define('DISPLAY_DROPDOWN',true);
define('DROPDOWN_URLS',false);

If you don't want the drop down, then set the following:

define('DISPLAY_DROPDOWN',false);

Another option is to mod the function_phpdig_form.php file.

guskoul
08-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks it worked

By the way This is the best search script ever.
I have tried too many (50-60 scripts perl-php-java) and this is the best .
Good work