PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't find an article with the request in title...

allergie
07-12-2004, 01:16 AM
I have 77websites indexed for 7000 pages.

I was last week with 1.7phpdig and it works fine.

I've upgraded and...now : I can't find most of the webpages! :confused:

If I do a request with "allergie aux arachides" I have no result (it's one of the more important content of all the websites..;) and phpdig suggest me : "acaricides allergi ###" which is slightly different but which find in his firts result the webpages I'm wanting...

Is there a problem of charset for such a confusion?
It is the same database, the same content_text and I don't remember any change from my own part.

So what? An idea?

Charter
07-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Hi. Are the settings in the new config file like those from the old config file?

allergie
07-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Not exactly the same config because one was a 1.6.x and the other is the 1.8.1

They are slightly different with a lot of Path defined in the second.

But for the second I've just change the template used for my own.
line 78:
$template = "$relative_script_path/templates/weballergies.html";
which works fine
and I've set the rss function to false and the lang to "fr" and of course the admin login.

with the 1.6 : I did no change except the admin login, the template and the language.

Any idea?

Charter
07-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Hmm... perhaps try a demo in another directory and see if the results are different?

allergie
07-12-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm disappointed...
I Create a new database, recreate with the 1.8.1 the tables in a newdirectory and tried to spider and I've a lot of warning (404, not really a problem) but most of that : it spider only 37 pages until 2000 for the old version...

Well it's not the same problem but it means that it should be a misconfiguration of the server between 1.6.x and 1.8.1 : do you know what differences they have?

thanks

Charter
07-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi. Did you use search depth twenty and links per zero? What happens if you do an update?

allergie
07-15-2004, 01:11 AM
I downgrade to 1.8 and it works. I stay in 1.8 until it will be more stable because I'm now to short in time : the search engine shoulb be ok for monday and I've some thousands wepages to index more since.

Thank you for your help, I will try the new vesrion later in local.